Tuesday 28 April 2009

Capital to Capital


Big step yesterday as I have gotten my registration in for the Right to Play - Edinburgh to London cycle ride/race in August. 462 miles in total, riding in the rain and sun that Britian has to offer. I'm really excited, but a bit nervous as....

Last nights training was a 4-6 mile run at Zone 2 (medium pace). I played football (if you could call it that) on Sunday in a charity match with some friends. My left knee felt tight afterwards, but I didn't think anything of it as I hadn't had a knock or anything. No hobbling on Monday during the work day, so didn't think I'd have a problem on the run.

As I headed to Dave's house to meet up, my knee started to throb, then crunch like something wasn't in place. I kept it up running around 3 miles and then just couldn't go on. Jogged back to the house (I told Dave to go on, email in the morning) and just sat there and looked at it. No swelling, but still a bit of pain. No ice, but rest and ibuprofen gel to help with any inflamation. Oh, and a beer to chase it away.

So, here I go signing up and then an injury. Well, I think its an injury. No swelling this morning, so I will ride the trainer this afternoon at the gym and see how it goes.

As you can imagine, I'm doing the ride for charity, so I will be asking for some funds to help. I'll do that later, but just keep it in mind when the time comes around. Total I want to raise is at least 1K.

No comments: