Tuesday 28 July 2009

You gonna ride it, or just look pretty?

The Tunbridge Wells Half-Marathon is very popular around these parts. Its a bit of a tough one though, and known for some of its hills. Fordcombe Hill is the most notorious. So, thats what we did on Monday night. Just a quick ride out with John around the course. I don't think we did it in any fast speed, just turned the pedals. Then came Fordcombe, and John bolted off. He's superstrong right now, and just uses his Big Ring. I, however used my gears. And didn't climb very fast. But, better than normal, now that I remember that nothing around here is as steep as the French trip.
Today, I did a hour session on the Spin bike. Intervals mostly, with a bit of heavy sprints in the middle. I felt good, but still wish I was spinning the wheels around France.
I'm really missing the family and wishing they were here, but engrossing myself in work and training. Millie has riden a pony and really enjoyed it, which I'm really quite proud of. William is doing ramps with his cousin, and Jaime is just being Jaime. Drawing and running around. They are all beautiful and I really hope that we can have a fantastic holiday in France shortly.
I'm just in the gym tomorrow and off for dinner at a friends house after work. I'll probably not blog tomorrow evening, but might have something to say, so just tune in.. You never know...

No comments: