Tuesday 22 July 2008

Been a long time


All right, lets get the apologies out of the way first. Since my last post (how many weeks ago) I have trained hard, been on A/L, saw my boy ride his bike (no stabilizers, straight to it) and just had a blast. So, I have been busy. Its just everytime I get ready to put down the hours on the blog, I turn on the TDF or just forget. But, thats what you get with me.

So the boy. His b-day was the 9th of July and all he wanted was his rocket bike. We thought about getting another balance bike, but I put him on a 14 inch at the shop and he looked fine. Anyway, we got the bike, I spent hours making sure the bike was just right. Forgot what its like with caliper brakes, so spent a few hours sorting that out. Well, as its England it rained on his birthday, so no ride. But we rode around the house for fun, he loved it. Then the park. Here he is. He is just brillant! We then went out with some friends and he just rode fantastically. This is the best thing about being a Dad.
My training took a really great turn when I started up swim training with some others. Last night I met Frankie, who was intense. She's the type of person who doesn't expect less than 100%. She started the session with the worst words I ever heard, 'All right warm up at 16 lengths'. Bloody hell, 400 metres and thats the warm up? Anyway, she worked on my technique and I have a long road to go, but everytime I learn something so thats good. Also, went out for a run this afternoon from Tonbridge to TWells. Big climb, and I felt really good the whole way up. The bike is doing well, and I have started riding without gloves as they won't be something I would ride with on the event.
We also went to Legoland for the boy, did some DIY and really just had a great time with the family. Now back at work, and really firing on all cylinders. Just need to keep it up. Total time of training first week of holiday (w/c 30 June) 8 hours, 36 mins. 2nd week at 10 hours, 15 mins (MTB ride at Bedge 2.5h). Last week with work was still good, at 9 hours, 4 mins. And right now, I am looking at the same time for this week.
So, thats about it. I will keep it up. Just send me an angry reminder if I don't post in the next three days. Oh, we also get Mable this Sunday!!! Yeah.

3 comments:

Vixbil said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vixbil said...

Ok, cheesy wife comment now....but I am so proud of the way you are training
xx

Maynard Tait said...

ME TOO!!!!!

Man hug, Man hug, man hug. Arrrrr, arrrr, arrrr!