Thursday 3 July 2008

New Training Partner

So say hello to my newest training partner. Meet Mabel, a 6 week English Springer Spaniel. She isn't ours yet, but will be with us as of the 22nd of July. Beauty, eh?

So, went to the pool with Bull today. How is it that someone can change your stroke and technique in 10 minutes and make you 50% faster? Well, if you swim as bad as I do then anything is an improvement. Bilateral breathing only works if you keep you head in the pool, which is something I really never could do. Anyway, Bull changed a few things and made me realise how to swim properly. Still having a bitch of a time with the full technique but at least its an improvement.

The run is going well, with my HR dropping on the long runs. The hill work is paying off, but I still am a bit worried when my reading hits 193 BPM (my AT is at 182, and theoritical max should be 186), but the heart is a strange muscle and adapts even without training effect. Who cares, if I continue to peg it during the long runs then I must be improving right?

You probably have noticed that I haven't spent much time on the bike. That will change now that my MTB is sorted. Can you believe they finally fixed the brakes, and then sure enough as I am cleaning it I noticed that the rear drive side has a spoke broken. What a joke, but at least the guys at the shop were cool enough to get it fixed so that I could go out with the lads on Saturday. That should interesting.

So, net week is all about getting some quality time in with the family and only a little bit of training. Mostly Bricks of Bike and Run. Maybe some other pool training. So, thats about it. Can't wait.

No comments: