Saturday 28 June 2008

What do I do about the Speedos?



Firstly, an apology for taking so long to get something in the blog. What with the conference and sorting out everything for holiday with work I haven't had a chance to get something down. But, fear not; I have news.

The conference was excellent, with some good networking amongst my peers and workshops that were very relevant ot my post. I have a goal to push a Healthy Campus agenda into the University and it was refreshing to hear that other Uni's were also in the progress of organising their own. Its great to hear that health and wellbeing is at the top of the priority list for the Higher Education Institutes.

So, with that in my head and my heart you can imagine the training hours I put in. I tried BRICK training for the first time for the T2 (bike to run). What a wake up call. It was shocking to see just how wobbly my legs were between the treadmill run and then onto the Spin bike. But, I must have did something right as my HR went down to a steady state after 5 minutes. Just wonder what will happen during the actual event once the stress gets going.

One of the speakers we had at the Conference was Sir Clive Woodward (03 World Cup Rugby Coach). He is currently working for GB on the Elite Performance programme for the 2012 Olympics. What an inspriration! He quotes T-CUP (Thinking Clearly Under Pressure). I'll need to remember that.

So, a few questions to ask any triathlete who happens to fall on this blog. What do I do about the pool swim to bike? Do I change from my Speedos into chamios?

Music for the training has been: Placebo (Nancy Boy), Rage Against the Machine (Bulls on Parade) and sadly Chilli Peppers (Scar Tissue). No real reason, just felt the Chilli's needed a mention. Long run tomorrow, followed by some pool work. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

MikeyB said...

No, no, no to Speedos!

Tri-suit all the way from start to finish, no need to change anything then.