Friday 20 June 2008

And now they know


Alright team, now its official. People are now well aware of my intent. Not the blog, the Tri. I met a REAL triathlete today, and he set me straight. This is NOT going to be easy, it probably won't be fun, and most importantly it will HURT. I will suffer. No doubt about it. But, at least I understand this and forewarned is forearmed? So, I promise that I will be a good boy and do my training and not complain.


YA RIGHT!!! If you believe that, there's a bridge in London with your name on it. 5 million pounds and its yours.


Ok, the really tough part of the tri should be the swim right? Nope. The run is where its at, and evidently the body doesn't understand that you want to run after you bike. Different muscles, you see. And they don't have the capacity to go from cycle to run without some encouragement. So, tomorrow I will do a long run with the Bull (friend doing the tri, also) and just build up the endurance. Bike will be Sunday evening hopefully. Total training this week has been good; with Monday having a run, Tuesday another long run and Wednesday a ride in the gym. Thursday was a rest day, and tonight is also. I really need to get in the pool, but at least I got the banana hammock.


Yep, you guessed it. All the gear, and no idea. At least I'll look like I know what I am doing.


And for those who have looked at Maynard's comment. I tried to get the playlist, but it kept crashing. But my hope is to have it up later this week. What I was thinking was each training session would match a song track. So for the week, just think: Kick Start My Heart (Crue), Want You Bad (Offspring), Instutionalized (ST), and just because I like it Teardrop (Massive Attack).


So, campers, there it is. Wish me luck at the wedding tomorrow. I'll try to limit the Red Wine. You'll know on Sunday. TTFN!

2 comments:

Maynard Tait said...

If the 'Bull' is a certain Doctor most men know and fear, then at least you'll be in safe 'hands' if you get groin strain!

As for the 'Crue' song, I'll make sure I play 'Kickstart my Heart' if you collapse during the run just to make sure people know what to do. You can't say I don't care!!

M.

Living the Dream said...

Good luck with this, we are with you all the way in spirit. Your children will be so proud of their daddy, as will your wife, our beautiful daughter.
Love you guys.
xxxx