Wednesday 18 June 2008

And here we go.....


So, I have finally done it. My wife has been blogging for quite some time, and now I have decided to give it a go. The real reason isn't that I want to compete with her, its that I have just entered into a Triathlon and thought how cool would it be to have an online training log.


Now, don't get all 'why are you doing this' on me. I've been involved in cycling since Dad first bought me a bike, having raced semi pro (I told people I was professional, and supplemented my income via a real job) in Mountain Biking and Road. Now, I still stay active mainly due to my job. Nothing really strenuous, just working in the Health and Fitness industry.

Ok, you'll find out more about me as this goes. The main things are:


  • Love my family, and my faith

  • Enjoy working

  • Can't stand doing nothing

Well, back to the blog. The date of the Tri is September 14, and is a Sprint. 400m in the pool (16 lengths), 25km on the bike, and 8km run. Should be fun, and I haven't even though of a goal time. As this is my first one, it could be anything. The pool should be fun as I haven't swam lengths in years. I'm going to try this weekend to do it, so that I have a benchmark.


Training has been ok, with the local ride with the boys on Saturdays and the running on a daily basis. The pool should be the fun one, but more about that later. So, readers here it goes. Look forward to having you with me.

3 comments:

Vixbil said...

I'm with you babe and you'll be great. Love ya
xx

Maynard Tait said...

GET SOME ROCK 'N' ROLL ON HERE, DUDE!!!!!

Clare said...

I so wanted to be the first to comment, as I read your blog two days ago now whilst in Germany, but my connection was so poor Blogger wouldn't let me leave a comment : (
Good luck on the training - try to learn bi-lateral breathing for the swin, I found it really stopped me from getting so pooped so quickly
Take Care
Clare x (SiL)