Wednesday 30 July 2008

Think long



Strange title for a post, but that has been whats been going through my mind during my swim training. My biggest problem seems to be that I have been shortening my stroke and haven't worked through the catch. Today I worked with the kickboard and started to see a bit more improvement. My time is looking better, but I still need to relax.

My run is doing well, but I am feeling like my right foot is too tight in the shoe. I'll adjust the laces and see how I get on. The biking has been fine, but I wonder if I am starting to take my riding for granted. I read that cyclists usually overcompensate on the bike as they think this is when the will make up time. I have been forcing myself to spin the last mile, so that I can be sure that I am rested for the run. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to go over to Knowle and run the course.

Mabel is settling in nicely, and she seems to be adjusting to the new environment. I have put a picture of her and me on the blog, and hope that it does her justice. I can't wait until she can go out for a run or that, but right now she has just had her first set of vacs.
So, thats me. Training has been right on, and I am really looking forward to Sept. Only 46 more days.

1 comment:

Maynard Tait said...

Hi Bill. I just thought I'd put a comment on your fantastic blog like all those women who put comments are other peoples blogs coz it seems to be the thing to do. I like your puppy - she looks sweet.
If you fancy a running partner I'd be happy to join you, but I think I'm busy the next time you're going on one even though I don't know when that is, but I still think I'm busy.

Later,

M.