Thursday 13 November 2008

As Happy as a Chocolate Ferret

Ok, I know its a strange title but its what is said pretty much the whole weekend whilst in Wales with the guys. A group of 18 of us will be converging on Betws y Coed for the annual Ferrets weekend, 'bike, hike, drink, pray' sums it up.
I've just spoken with my doc who has given me a 'green light' to ride, but reminded me to 'don't push too hard'. I spent Monday getting chest X-rays to ensure that all is ok with my lungs as I keep getting Chest Infections that just don't seem to go away. But, it should be ok as I will remember to ease back at times, even if the pace starts to go away. Most likely, on the climbs.
All is well, and I believe I am over the 'post race blues'. Now, if the rest of you (WW, Bob) can start posting, I might actually get excited!

Pics from the weekend to follow.

2 comments:

Maynard Tait said...

How was it?

Otter said...

In a word? Spectacular! In 2 words? Spectacularly wet.
Excellent fun, and good times. Did try one of the best bitters I have ever had from Brains. It was a special keg they did to mark an anniversary (not sure which). And of course rode my bum off. Big climbs, and big drops, but thankfully no big offs.