Friday 7 November 2008

No excuses, No suprises

I'm sorry. There, thats the apologies out of the way..

Training has been a bear lately. I have been reading about how there is a syndrome that most triathletes (at least the beginners) get that happens after they finish a race/goal. All of the focus on the race/goal drops after the event and then you find it harder and harder to get back into training. Add in the 'not so brilliant' weather and viola! Instant sloth!
And thats what I have been. I still got out for a night ride a while ago, and have gone out for a 'longish' run with Mabel, but the drive is out. My diet has consisted of High GI and fats, instead of the good stuff. And even the thought of a Ferret Weekend (coming up in a week) in Betws isn't getting me that stoked. But here's the plan. I have been looking at doing the Tunbridge Wells Half Marathon and that will get the training kick started. Besides, Mabel has started to get a bit 'too' nippy lately and I would hate to have a dog that nips the kids. So, thats that.
Off to Norfolk this weekend to see some friends, and most likely will try to get a run or bike in on Saturday and Sunday.
A lot has happened since the last post, but mainly my wife and I celebrated 12 years together. How cool? My work has been progressing well, with a few mentions in the trades about my Wellness campaign in Uni's and also a speaking gig or two at Healthy Campuses conferences. So, on the whole, life's great.
I'm also a bit excited about the prospect of our Church's Men's Dinner which is rapidly approaching. Things have been a bit quite on that front lately, so it will be good to catch up with the guys I don't see regularly. As long as they don't ask how my training has been.
Here's to the BASE training!

1 comment:

Maynard Tait said...

Hey - stop being down on yourself. You still do a heck of a lot more than some of us other lazy, pot-bellied, good-fer-nuthin' slobs.

Roll on the Marathon.