Sunday 7 December 2008

Damn Its Cold




Here's some pics of me and the kids at the Thetford Zoo with some friends from Norfolk. It may be flat, but it is a beautiful place. The pic of the girls in the sharks mouth is from a trip to SeaLife in Brighton that Vix and some friends went on. The kids loved it, and there is nothing better than eating fish and chips after going to the aquarium. Try it.
Training has been a bit hit and miss lately, with some good mileage running but not that much on the 2 wheel front and the water has been a complete wash out (forgive the pun). But, things at work haven't helped with my frame of mind.


Not only am I in the midst of one of my most brutal budgets ever, but there are still problems with one of my team members who has made my life challenging at best. Things are in process, but never fast enough for my liking. So, knowing the each time I go out to train my mind switches from focus to work I just want to give up. But, I know I shouldn't.


My running has been great, with Mabel still doing the pavement with me. The weather is starting to get colder which means we can start doing some off road runs. Our last one, was a mud dance and both of us came out worst for it. But, my heart rate seems to have found a pace it likes and luckily so do I.


The pool I used is down for the count, so the free usage is finished. I don't really have the funds to join up at the other pool, and will most likely wait until they reopen the Hospital pool (if they ever do).


All else is ok, my diet isn't doing well but what do you expect at this time of the year. The real sticking point has been water. I just don't seem to be able to stay hydrated. Must be the tea.


Hope everyone is cool, and for those who have been hit by the sickness bug hope your back on the road to recovery soon.

No comments: