Monday 15 June 2009

'Are you guys in a club?'

What a week! It started off with some simple gym work and Saturday had the hottest, driest ride ever.
The gym work was the normal; Spin bike, followed by 20 minutes of strenght work and then some stretching. I knocked this out M, T, W, missed Thursday. Friday I was off, but spent a fair amount of time cleaning and fettling with the bike for Saturdays epic.
And epic it was. Not a lot of singletrack, and the descents were a bit mild; but the climbs and the views were legion! All in, we did 36 miles but the elevation had to be in the 2,000's. My normal athletic prowess was dropped to that of a wimpering, snivelling worm whilst trying to maintain a 80RPM cadence whilst going up. Add to that, my ego of staying in the middle ring on the first of the 6 big climbs and I was in for a whole lot of hurt.
But, its over, and I feel that I really earned my stripes. At least thats what my farmer's tan/sunburn is telling me.
I'm off to ride in the gym now, and looking forward to my cycle home from work on Wednesday with Fishpool. You have to find opportunities to ride when you can.....

1 comment:

Living the Dream said...

Pleased you had a good ride. It sounds as though you will certainly be fit and ready for the Edinburgh to London.