Monday 1 June 2009

Ride, Flow, Ride, and Flow

Ride, flow, ride, flow. Thats about the state of things over the weekend. First, we had amazing weather. Beautiful sun, along with a nice breeze to keep things interesting. The goal was to come back from my back strain on Tuesday, but to be honest on Wednesday, I really didn't think I was going to be riding at all.
The strain came from a simple game with some colleagues on Tuesday in Hyde Park. I struggled home from the A and E and took a long train home. On Wednesday, there was no way I could even think of work. I even tried to work from home, but it was a bust. After seeing the doc, and taking it easy I started to feel better on Thursday. By Friday, it was about 75%.
But, Saturday morning screamed for a ride! I met up with 11 other riders at the start of our local ride. Nice and easy to start, and then I eased up to the front to stretch my legs up a moderate climb. No issues and then, I started to move up a gear. By the end, I felt awesome. A small group decided to try 'the reverse ferret' to add a little more time. All and all, pretty good.
We went over to Leeds Castle and enjoyed the sunshine and the jousting (yes, jousting).
I spent most of Sunday thinking about riding. Originally, I was to meet a training partner at 6.15am for a road ride, but I still don't have a bike to use. A friend was kind enough to let me use his for the RTP, but I didn't pick it up by Sunday. So, I tried to talk him into a MTB ride in the evening.
Instead, I went out on my own and discovered some old local trails. And thats were the ride, flow, ride, flow went out. I really felt one with the bike and just cruised over the trails. Effort was high, and I walked away feeling that I had just gotten a great taste of local training.
So, thats the weekend. And I can't wait for the next. In two weeks the Ferrets have the South Downs Way, now thats should get the mileage up.

1 comment:

Vixbil said...

I love that you are so passionate about your riding, you're awesome
xx