Tuesday 26 May 2009

Speed is your friend

What a weekend! I went for a run/bike block on Friday at the gym which went excellent. I've started doing the Power Plate and it seems to have helped the knee (but mad me look like a complete idiot in the process). Ferret ride was held on Saturday morning and the trails were so dusty, I had to ride at the front the whole time. Super fast fitness, minus technical skills added to the fun and it wasn't until I was finished with the first lap that I felt really comfortable on the MTB again. But, we only had time for the one lap, so that's how it goes.
Went to a friends party Saturday night and woke up with a slightly sore head in the morning. But, I have discovered Redbush tea which is now my all time favourite. What a great drink.
Sunday was spent house cleaning and getting ready for a family friend, and Monday William and I dug up some trenches for his schools veggie gardens. That was great fun, and we followed it up with a longer than usual ride over to his friends house. The boy is absolutely fearless on his bike when it comes to downhills. He's still not gotten to grips with the brake levers and just tries to ride it out instead. I made the mistake of saying 'speed is your friend' some time back and now he uses that as his reason all the time.
Good training week ahead, and looking forward to getting some time in the pool, now its open.

No comments: