Sunday 10 May 2009

Training? What training?


Before we discuss the training update, let's talk about the weekend. I get a call that a meeting I'm supposed to be at on Friday has been relocated to Lord's Cricket Ground to watch the West Indies take on England. What a result! I've never been a massive cricket fan, but I do like the traditional element. And what better place to go to than the 'home of cricket'. I then get a call that I've been invited by the V.C. of our University to attend the 4th day of the cricket on Saturday. At first I thought, no way. Vix is off to Legoland with William, so thats not able to happen. But when I tell her, she immediately says go. They rearrange the Legoland date, and I am free to go on Saturday with a friend.

My tickets for Friday I give to a friend, telling him not to worry about the meeting. No codes, no passwords, just enjoy the seats and the hospitality. And then England go and win the thing in 3 DAYS!!! Usually, you can bet the farm that it will either draw or at best a win (albeit scappy). So, that means no cricket and a rather sullen Bill.

But, in true style; we get an invite to go to a village church fete (a fair) with some really good friends. We have a great time, and the unfortunate win from the day before is truly forgotten. Vix and William head to Legoland on Sunday, and me and the girlies go for a hike with some friends. All in all, a GREAT weekend (but no cricket).

Training was ok this week. 5 hours on the bike (mostly at the gym) and no running due to the knee. But I feel strong, and am ready for this week's mileage. Vix is off to a run on Sunday for Breast Cancer and me and the kids are going to go and support her. She's been a bit overwhelmed with all of the last week's stuff, but she'll be fine. And I have a feeling she'll surprise herself with her finishing time.

I've started my fundraising for the Capital to Capital (I'll refer to it a lot, but only as RTP). The page is: www.justgiving.com/billthompson

Please sponsor me, as I've got a long way to go. The goal is 1K, which given the fact that I've only got a few months till the race, I better get my skates on!

1 comment:

Living the Dream said...

Poor Bill with the cricket. Is that well and truly "over" in 3 days?? We will sponsor you for your ride