Thursday 21 May 2009

How do you train without motivation? That must be the toughest question out there, because I am really struggling with getting 'out there'. Let's go back a bit....
On Friday last week, I took my bike to work in an effort to ride home from Sevenoaks. If I get off the train then I would have no choice right? Oh, but remember I work in Central London. So dutifully, I lock my bike up outside of work and sometime between 7a and 1.50p my bike is stolen. Liquid nitrogen on the lock and then a hammer to smash the mechanism. Great! So, not only do I not ride home, but I ruin my whole weekend by being in a bad mood as the insurance won't cover the theft. Yep, you guessed it; the coverage only applies to bikes within my home!
And then there's my knee. I took 2 weeks off to recuperate and get it to full health. It feels fine, except when I go downhills. But, being the lazy sod that I am, I still haven't tried to put in a decent run. Think you know guilt? Try having a springer spaniel look at you with dissappoinment because you didn't take her for her run. Thats priceless!
But, there is hope. I am riding on Saturday with the Ferrets on the MTB. And I really haven't been turning pedals in anger in a while. So, lets see how it goes.
I have kept up the strenght training and the stretching so at least it isn't all bad.

Here's to the coming week!

2 comments:

Vixbil said...

Ok babe, we need to do this together
xx

Living the Dream said...

Don't think you are on your own, we are here for you as well in any way we can be, although we can't afford to buy you a bike unfortunately. Take care