Tuesday 5 August 2008

Running down a dream



Well, I have kept it up and have been doing the doubles regularly. Today was Swim at lunch and then running in the evening. The pool was crowded, but I still managed to get in a medium lane without too many issues. I set my goal at 10 lengths warm up, then paddles for 6 lenghts, 4 lenghts with just pull bouy and then 4 on my own. Finshed up with 6 lenghts of just long, slow swim. This was truly a record as I got a good 30 minute workout and felt pretty strong throughout. Technique went to hell during the warmup, but came back at the paddles.

Then, it was the run in the evening. This is the hill one, with a gentle run in to town. 4 miles plus and I knocked it out in 34 mins. Heart rate was through the roof, but I did. And felt good in the process.

I also won the bid for the tri shorts, so am bit stoked about that. £62.99 retail and I got them for £23. Let hope they aren't used.

Thats it for now, I'll try to holla back at you later this week.

3 comments:

Clare said...

Keep GOING! You are doing amazingly....
Take Care
Clare x

WildWill said...

Sounds good - doing doubles is a fast way of brining on your fittness, but make sure you take rest days wen needed as its easy to slip into overtraining mode

WW

Vixbil said...

Your tri shorts arrived with tags, so unless someone had a very uncomfortable swim/run they aren't used!
Love you
xx