Friday 22 August 2008

Like pedaling through treacle

Great training week, with some quality miles on the bike (gym and home) and less pain in my feet. I've clocked some endurance work with 1 hour rides and have hit steady state around 140 (Zone 2), so am feeling a bit smug. The best had to be coming in from the local ride and proclaiming to my wife, 'I am SO fit'! Well, at least compared to the group that rode on that day. My climbing was great, and I just felt one with the bike. Not the Zen type thing, but literally I was part of the bike. My reflexes were spot on, and even up the technical hill section I lasered the line with a perfect cadence.
We have another full house over the bank holiday weekend, so will try to watch the alcohol intake. The goal is to hit a brick on Saturday (tomorrow) and then a long run on Sunday. Bull is over for dinner, so should be able to shame him into the Sunday slog.
Thats it for now, see you in a few days.

2 comments:

WildWill said...

Im glad to here its going well - its a place we all strive to be

Maynard Tait said...

KEEP AT IT, BUD! Only a few more weeks to go and then its back to beer, more beer and cream cakes - or did you ever stop anyway?

Maynard