Tuesday 2 September 2008

Thirteeners



Its been a funny few weeks. My training has been going well, with the odd hiccup every now and then (not enough time, injury) but I have been feeling pretty good about things. The one thing is that I haven't concentrated much on the cycling aspect. Mainly due to the fact that I ride regularly, and am comfortable on the bike up or down. So, with that in mind I have been using the bike for bricks. Especially now that I have got the trainer set up in the shed. So tonight I tried a run/cycle session. It was also the first with Mabel.

So, a 20 minute run later (I need to be careful with her as she is only 12 weeks) I got on the bike, flipped on The Collective on the TV and set the tempo at a static Zone 2. Time just seemed to waltz by, I focused on Bearclaw and company and next thing I knew it was time to cool down. Now that's the way to train. Quick shower, followed by CSI Miami and I am done.

So with only 13 days left till the race I'm feeling good. Then, WildWill mentions something in his blog about a push up challenge (100pushups.com). My arms are still killing me. Cheers, Will.

1 comment:

WildWill said...

your welcome ;)

Sounds like your training is going really well - you'll do well in you race