Thursday 18 September 2008

Back in the Saddle

Alright, I took Monday off as I thought it would be a bit crazy to train after Sunday's tri. However, I didn't feel bad or stiff or anything. Just normal. Could it be that I either didn't work hard enough on Sunday or that my training had paid off. I'm going with the latter.
So, with that in mind, I started to plan my training weeks. As I haven't anything solid in the calendar other than the Wales trip with the Ferrets (Bike, Climb, Drink over a weekend) and a possible duathlon (off road, 2.5k run, 13k bike, 2.5k run) I thought I would try to set a base level and build from there. So...
I have added 2 gym sessions for strenght, 3 run sessions, 2 LSD (long, slow distance) and 1 sprint session on the bike. Somethings missing right? I have decided to join the Tonbridge Triathlon club and get in 2 pool sessions (with a coach!). Now, don't think its too much. The gym is a 15 minute, 2 set core workout hitting large muscles. The run sessions will only be at Zone 2-3 (HR at 130/140BPM) and the cycle will be mostly trainer sessions with the sprint session done to a Carmicheal DVD. I'm going for periodisation on this, so will look at increasing intensity only on week 3 of the 4 week cycle.
So, what's next? Strange how when you achieve one goal, you immediately look for another. I'm thinking about 7oaks Sprint in the Spring, Windsor in June, and 7oaks in the Autumn. But, we have friends in Guernsey and there is an event called the Granite Man. Maybe one for WW, its a middle distance tri? 1.5k swim, 90k bike, and 21k run. Sounds like a long day. Maybe I could watch from the Beach Cafe?
See you soon. Oh, I read a great quote the other day, which I wish I had during the last climb up to the finish on Sunday. 'When you find yourself in hell, keep walking'

3 comments:

Vixbil said...

Ok, so when do I get to go to the gym!!
Love ya
xx

Otter said...

Evenings, and whilst the kids are at nursery/school. Most of mine will be done at work.

Maynard Tait said...

Communicating via blog now! - I can recommend a very good marriage course if you need one!!!

M.