Friday 15 August 2008

Thats the MTB sorted...

As the post states, the Kona is finally back. Or is it? After shelling out for the BB and the Headset I thought £80 all in, but after the initial shock of £135 (down to £105 as I am a good customer) I wonder is it really? Without getting too techno geek on you, the BB is an ISIS drive which is normally bombproof (its all relative, but if you huck off 6ft drops nothing is) and with quality comes money. I plonked down for a Race Face IRB to ensure longevity, and the headset was a quality brand from England. But the labour sent it up the chute. But at least its ok, and should last a few of the UK winters.
My training has been ok, with a bit more cycling and swimming and less of the foot pounding. I've seem to have a bit of an issue with soreness after the run in the sole of my left foot. I've tried some new laces and have bought some decent shoes for work (which will stay at the office) so hope that helps. The laces are elastic and have given me a few strange (and knowing) looks on the train.
Struck up a conversation with some people at the pool who kept going on about 'Total Immersion' swimming. Any thoughts on this? Is it good for open water? Till next time....

1 comment:

WildWill said...

I've done the Total Immersion weekend training camp - i got quite a bit out of it and am now a much more relaxed swimmer with greater confidence in my swimming - well worth the money i paid.

They reteach you your balance in the water and how to swim smooth an silent - i went from 27-29 strokes per 25m down to 13-14 in the weekend

I don't do loads of the TI drills but i constantly think about what i was tought while i swim - it helps with oneness with the water

WW