Sunday 2 August 2009

Nice weather for ducks

Bit of a mixed bag this weekend. I was working on Saturday and Sunday, so was planning on riding home from London. However the rain on Saturday made sure that the only riding I was going to do on the way home was in a train. I still rode from the uni to the station which soaked me right though to my skin. Add in the ride from the station to the house, and I looked like a drowned rat (and felt like one too). However, the bonus was that it rained so much that it was easier to clean the bike. So, now its nice and shiny.
This morning (sunday) I wasn't sure if it was going to rain, so went for a 10K run and then off to miss the train in. Yep, I got there at 7.25a for the 7.30a and it wasn't there. They had decided to cancel it, and I had to scramble to get there for just before 9a.
Must do better!
So tomorrow is another week, and I am determined to put in around 225 miles on the bike. With a combination of riding from work/to work (42 miles) and some intense riding on the weekend I should do it.

No comments: